PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 28, 2011

All about the deer this weekend!

Hello friends! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I am thankful for a lot this year some being:  
God- If it weren't for him I wouldn't be here today. He is the one I can always count on, I know he will never let me down and I always have him to talk to.  I hope he continues to bless me in many more ways.
Family- Dad,Mom, and Gavin. My parents go out of their way for me and I don't tell them enough how much I appreciate it. Thanks Mom!
My boyfriend AJ- I never thought I could care about someone as much as I care about this fine fella.  He always sticks by my side no matter what.  I'm so glad God has put him in my life and I know its for a good reason.  He has taught me so much(cause I ask him 758297026361 questions about everything!!!) but mostly about myself.  I hope we can grow even closer as the years pass. I can say I love this boy to death! ((Big smile))
Friends, a roof over my head, my parents providing me with food, my job(stressful but at least I have one), my car, and I am VERY thankful that my parents are paying for my school with no loans so I won't have any student loans when I graduate!(That will be so helpful!!!)  And much more!!  I hope God continues to bless me the way he is now.  I got to spend time with the family and my boyfriend.  My grandparents came up to my parents to eat so not a big one for us.  I just love the holidays just because of all the yummy food!! Like I said we ate at my parents then went to AJ's aunts house to hang out and visit.  
Please excuse the black blob..my phone messed up the red eye.
Thanksgiving :)

So now the super fun stuff..
We woke up Friday morning and actually we laid our lazy butts in bed..had to sleep in went hunting.  Friday afternoon rolls around we hit the woods.  We are just chilling in our ground blind..waiting..buck grunting..watching..doe call...waiting..watching.. ya know the boring stuff?  Well.. about 30 or 45 goes by.. I lean down to get my drink and AJ is beside me playing a game on his phone..look up and see 3 precious little deer... (Excited, whisper voice)  "AJ there's some deer, don't move!!!" We sit there and watch them for a minute to see if big PaPa bear comes strutting in.. We get to looking..see 4... now see 5 does.  They are walking towards us so he says "You wanna shoot one?"  So I'm like "Yea, yea, yea..Let me take one."  I get the gun and just shoot one cause they were getting closer AJ said it felt like it was 10 minutes and closer.. but hey I was nervous and excited cause it was my first deer! "POWWWWW".. DEER IS DOWN!!!!! Put my gun back on safety and he's like "Good job babe, you got it!!!"  Well I shot it but I didn't kill it,  I shot too far in the back.. So 10 minutes goes by and the deer is still trying to get up and run and looking around..Well by then it was KILLING me to sit there and watch this little thing do that! So I made AJ go...well ya know... cut its throat..  I know that sounds like the worst thing you could do but it's hunting.  AJ comes back to the blind and says Glenna that's a little button buck, therefore it wasn't a girl it was a boy.  So that was even better! 
Taaaaa Daaaaa.. my first deer:) 
His two little points. I know he's isn't an actually big swamp donkey buck but hey at least I got one! I was so excited..if you can't tell!!!
I wanted to gut it and do his cuttin all by myself..And I was loving every second of it!

Now on to AJ's deer..
Speaking of swamp donkeys..I'll show the picture first so you can go ahead and say "WOW!!!"
I don't know how big y'alls deer are but in Good Ole Tennessee that's a good deer.
I'll tell his story shorter than mine.. play by play
We were leaving the field on Saturday afternoon and we look over and all you see is a big ole rack at the edge of the woods. Well AJ being the man he is pretty sure he had a heart attack, shoots..misses by a hair..buck and doe take off running.. AJ takes off running..doe is no where to be found..AJ looks in another field and there he stands.. AJ shoots again...and all I hear is "WOOOOOOOOO"...DEER IS DOWN AND DEAD(he can shoot better than me..obviously ;))!! So I take off running through the field to find him we go check him out and I am in total shock cause I've never seen one this big before..But boy was he excited.  



As you can't tell I had a fabulous weekend..I apologize for all the excitement! Now it's my turn to get a big buck. Hope everyone has a good week :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yay! About time you finally got one ;) Dad was bragging on ya all weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THATS MY GIRL!!!!! Glad you had a great weekend! Maybe you can find the BIG BUCK you are looking for this weekend.. :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you girl....LOVED reading this post, very EXCITING!!!!
    Scott says, "Tiffany ain't got nothing on you"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! :)